Here are simple instructions of how you can perform a hard reset on the Motorola Fire.
Your Motorola Fire may not perform well or frozen completely, when this happen you could reset it back to the default factory settings.
Before you do so though, make sure that you have backup your personal data on the phone. Data such as pictures, contacts, mp3 music file, documents and etc maybe worthwhile to keep, so make sure you backup them up first.
Soft Reset via Settings Menu
1. Go back to the Home screen.
2. Next tap on the application list.
3. Select Settings.
4. Then choose Privacy.
5. Next tap on Factory data reset.
6. Then select Reset phone. If you want to wipe out all data on the SD card then make sure the checkbox Erase USB storage is ticked.
7. Next follow the onscreen instruction to finish off the process.
Wait for the Motorola Fire to reboot.
1. Press and hold the POWER key, and press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN buton.
2. Wait until you see an Android logo appears on the screen.
3. Then touch Home.
4. You should see a recovery menu appears, scroll down on the menu using the VOLUME keys to navigate.
5. Select Wipe data.
6.Then press Enter key.
Your device should then begin to reset the settings back to the factory default.