Learn how you can perform a hard reset on the Samsung Infuse 4G device.
When you phone is frozen, unresponsive, or perhaps you just want to format your device so you could sell it to someone else, then you could simply try to hard reset it so that all the data is wipe out and all the settings go back to the factory default settings. Here's how:
Note: The below instructions will erase data on your device, so make sure that you have back them up first if you will to use those data later on. Data such as contacts, multimedia files, photo, and document can be backup onto the memory card first before resetting the device.
Key in *2767*3855# and dial it.
1. Turn off the device. If it is stuck then try to pull out the battery for a minute and then put it back in.
2. Press down the Volume key and the Power button.
3. Then release the Power button.
4. Now a menu appear give you the options to Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock. Select Clear Storage. Use the Volume Down button to navigate the menu.
5. Then press and release the Power button.
6. Finally wait for your device to reboot.
Once the Samsung Galaxy Gio restarted it should now go back to the default factory setting.
Solution 3 - Reset through software menu
1. First go back to the Home screen.
2. Then press on the Menu key.
3. Next pick Settings.
4. Now choose Privacy.
5. Next choose Factory Data Reset.
6. Then Select Reset Phone. If you want to erase the SD card too then ensure the checkbox Erase SD card is ticked.
7. Put in the password when prompt.
8. Now tap on Erase everything.
Your phone should start to reboot short and bring itself back to factory setting.