There are two ways you could perform a reset to the Motorola Atrix 2 device. One is to hard reset it with the hardware key or the other one is to use the software menu.
1. Switch off the Phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button.
2. Next the phone should go into Fastboot. Press on the Volume down key to select the Android Recovery option.
3. When you see an image of Android let go of the Volume down key.
4. Next open the Menu by tapping on the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. Now select Wipe data/Factory reset.
6. Then press OK.
7. On the confirmation screen, select Yes and OK to proceed.
8. Android will now begin to reset the device. When you see the "reboot system now", Press OK. If it is not selected by default make sure you select it.
9. Your Motorola Atrix 2 should bootup shortly and you can continue to use it.
Software Menu1. Go back to the Home screen.
2. Then tap on the application list.
3. Then tap on Settings.
4. Next select Privacy.
5. Next tap on Factory data reset.
6. Then select Reset tablet. If you want to wipe out all data on the SD card then make sure the checkbox Erase USB storage is ticked.
7. Next follow the onscreen instruction to finish off the process.
Your device should start to reboot.