Learn how you could perform hard reset LG Optimus Black.
If you are passing your phone onto some one else then you might want to erase the phone first before given it to them.
Reset through software menu
1. Go the Home screen.
2. Then select Menu.
3. Next select Settings.
4. Then select Privacy.
5. Next choose Factory Data Reset.
6. Then Select Reset Phone. If you want to erase the SD card too then ensure the checkbox Erase SD card is ticked.
7. Put in the password when prompt.
8. Now tap on Erase everything.
Your phone should start to reboot short and bring itself back to factory setting.
Try the hardware key combo when your LG Optimus Black device is stucked and you can't access the settings menu.
Reset using hardware key
1. Turn off the phone by pulling out the battery and put it back in.
2. Press and hold the Down Volume button.
3. Then press and hold on the Power button until you see the device switch on.
4. An on-screen instruction shall appears, and offer you the options to Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock. Use the Down Volume key and select Clear Storage.
5. Next press the let go of the Power button.
6. Confirm your choice by select Yes or No. Using the Volume key to make your selection.
Your LG Optimus Black should now begin to reset itself back to default manufacturer settings.