Learn how you could perform a hard reset the HTC Sensation. There are two ways you could do this. It is through the settings menu or the hardware key.
If you device is unresponsive or frozen then you could try to perform a hard reset to bring the device back to the default factory setting.
Note: Performing the below steps will cause your device to erase all the data on it, so if you have any important data you wish to keep then it is a good idea that you back them up first.
Via Software Menu
1. Press on the Home key to go back to the Home screen.
2. Then press on the Menu key.
3. Next choose Settings.
4. Next tap on SD & Phone Storage.
5. Then select Factory data reset.
6. Ten tap on Reset phone.
7. Finally choose Erase everything.
Via Hardware Key
1. Turn off the phone by pulling out the battery and put it back in.
2. Press and hold the Volume down button, then press the Power button for a short period.
3. When you see the Android logo appears, let go of the Volume Down key.
4. Next use the Volume down key and select Factory Reset.
6. Finally press the Power button.
Your HTC Sensation should start to reset all the settings back to the factory default.
Once your device started you could try to restore files from the backup if you have any.
Restarting the device
Don't want to reset the device because you fear of loosing the data?
No problem, maybe you could try to restart the device and see if things work out for you.
1. Turn the display on by pressing the Power button.
2. Then unlock the touch screen.
3. Now press on the Power button.
4. Select Restart.
5. Tap on Restart again to confirm your action.
You device will begin to restart itself now. If it doesn't as expected, you could try to pull the battery out and pop it back in again.
Quick Spec of HTC Sensation