Learn how to perform a hard reset on the Dell Venue Pro if you have an issue with it.
When you are passing on your phone to some else either you are selling it or given it away to another family member you would want first to hard reset the device and wipe out all the data. Failing to do so will allow some one else to get hold of your data such as friend's contact details and any personal information you have store on the phone. Here's how:
1. Go back to the Home screen.
2. Click on the right arrow button.
3. Then scroll down the screen and select Settings.
4. Now scroll down and select About.
5. Then select Reset your Phone near the bottom of the screen.
6. Tap on the Yes button when the warning screen appears.
Your Samsung Focus should now restart itself and all settings should go back to factory default setting.
Hardware Key Reset
If your device is not working because it is frozen then you wouldn't be able to reset it with the software. So the next option would be the hardware method.
1. Press and hold down the Power button + Volume down button + Camera button all at the same time until the device vibrates, now let go of the Power button while continuing to hold down the Volume down button and the Camera button.
2. Shortly you should see the message displaying "Are you sure you want to format?", you can now release the Volume down button + Camera button.
3. In the format screen you have the option to either Format or Cancel. Tap on Windows key Format if you are confident to go ahead.
4. Press on theWindows key again to confirm your choice.
Your device should now begin to format the device and shortly should startup with the Shart-up Wizard. Ensure you device have the battery power while doing this.
Leave a comment if you find other way to reset the device.